- Only build a fire in an enclosed, contained area such as a chiminea, fire bowl, or fire pit. Make sure the area around the pit is free of paper, grass, leaves or pine needles that could ignite and spread the fire.
- Never leave a fire unattended. Have someone near the fire at all times to put the fire out in case the fire gets out of control.
- Keep a fire extinguisher or hose nearby to quickly put out a fire in case of an emergency.
- Keep a first-aid kit handy to treat burns.
- Always make sure the fire is completely extinguished before leaving it. Never let a fire die out on its own.
Following graduation from Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, Eric Stevenson held a number of positions including Assistant State Attorney in the First Judicial Circuit of Florida. Eric has been practicing with partner Christopher Klotz since 2015 litigating personal injury and car accidents in Alabama and Florida.