Stevenson Klotz Law Firm Logo
(850) 427-2722

What is Med Pay?

Monday December 04, 2017 | Category: Personal Injury

Medical Payments Insurance (Med Pay) is insurance that pays medical expenses for you and your passengers who are injured in a car wreck.

Med Pay acts as supplemental insurance for car accident injuries. Personal Injury Protection coverage (PIP) only covers 80% of medical bills in Florida. Med Pay insurance can cover the remaining 20% and/or provide coverage that exceeds the PIP coverage.

Med Pay may cover reasonable expenses for:

  • Medical/surgical expenses;
  • Dental expenses;
  • Chiropractic treatments;
  • Injuries sustained by your passengers; and
  • Funeral expenses.

It typically does not cover expenses for:

  • Physical or occupational therapy;
  • Rehabilitation costs; or
  • Psychiatric treatment.

Med Pay is first-party coverage, which means it only provides coverage for you and your passengers. It does not provide coverage for any third-party drivers. Med Pay may also provide coverage if you are hit by a car while you are a pedestrian or riding a bike.

This insurance provides coverage regardless of who caused the wreck.

Stevenson Klotz Attorney - Eric Stevenson - Personal Injury Attorney

Following graduation fromĀ Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, Eric Stevenson held a number of positions including Assistant State Attorney in the First Judicial Circuit of Florida. Eric has been practicing with partner Christopher Klotz since 2015 litigating personal injury and car accidents in Alabama and Florida.


« Back to Posts

We have a 15 Point
Case Assessment Tool

Contact us to schedule your
Free Case Assessment

Hiring a Lawyer?

Downloadable PDF - "10 Things to Consider When Hiring a Attorney" by Stevenson Klotz Law Firm

Instead of just hiring a lawyer from a website or from a billboard, please feel free to download our FREE guide to hiring a lawyer.

Included are questions and information you may simply overlook. Use it to your advantage and find the attorney that is just right for you.

Contact SKLF by calling (850) 427-2722, or...
Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you.




I am interested in:

Personal InjuryNursing Home InjuryPremises LiabilityDangerous or Defective DrugsDefective Medical DevicesSerious Bodily InjuryWrongful Death

Contact SKLF

(850) 427-2722





I am interested in: